Beginning life in May 1921 as the combined Tweed Heads-Coolangatta Bowls Club, the current Coolangatta Bowls Club was founded in 1949.
Every year since 1949, a Commemorative Shield has been played between the Coolangatta and Tweed Heads Clubs. The original 1948 Coolangatta Club building consisted of two army-surplus huts joined together, and formed the basis for the current Club.
In 2011 the 90th Anniversary of the joint Clubs of Coolangatta & Tweed Heads was held with events at both Clubs.
The Club enjoys the reputation of being “the friendliest little Club on the coast” and is family orientated and inclusive.