With the approval of the Industry COVID Safe Plan for Queensland Hotels and Clubs, we are now allowed to have up to 20 patrons per defined area (dependant on the 1 person per 4 square metre ruling). Some areas may have less than 20. Signage will be provided in each area advising of maximum numbers.
Some members may be disappointed if they are refused entry if we have already reached our capacity, whilst this is not ideal, we must maintain compliance so we ask for your patience and understanding.
A requirement of this plan necessitates the approved training of all staff and volunteers in the “COVID Safe for Dining In” course, overseen and administered by TAFE Queensland. This training has been undertaken. Please be assured that the Club has been extensively cleaned and sanitised ready for our reopening. This cleaning will continue systematically into the future.
The health and safety of all our staff, members and visitors remains our top priority so in addition to the extra cleaning and sanitising, we have to keep track of your name; address; and phone number. We ask all of our patrons to be patient and assist staff in ensuring that this essential task is completed correctly every time you enter the Club. This information will be important for contact tracing if there are any possible COVID-19 cases identified.
To comply with the COVID Safe Plan there are a number of restrictions we must abide by:
- When you enter the Club, you must wait to be attended to by a staff member who will record your details then direct you to a table. Please note that you may not be able to sit where you would prefer. We ask that you please follow directions from staff.
- If you enter the Club after dining in the Restaurant, or after rolling up, you will need to sign in again. Please see staff.
- Patrons must be seated at all times and be mindful of social distancing requirements.
- Drinking and eating is only allowed in the defined seating areas. Not around the greens.
- Smoking areas are for smoking only. There will be no seating or drinking permitted. After your cigarette, you must return to your seat immediately.
- Service for Bar and Keno will be provided to you at your table. You cannot approach the bar to order or put on a Keno ticket. There will be no Keno tickets on tables, please ask a staff member for a ticket.
- Furniture within the Club has been set to maintain the social distancing (1.5 metre rule) requirements and cannot be moved around. For example you cannot “pull up a chair” at another table. All our tables are for either 2 or 4 persons maximum.
- Entry to the Club will be by the front gate and up the ramp only. Exit will be by the middle door only. Bowlers entrance from the greens is via the door nearest the Bowls Office only. Access to the toilets and the locker rooms must be directly there and back. There can be no mingling in other areas.
- We request where possible that contactless payment be made, however payments for Keno can only be cash by law.
- We will not be conducting any raffles, trivia or providing complimentary tea and coffee at this time. Cappuccino’s etc however can be purchased.
- At this point in time, gaming machines are not available in accordance with the current restrictions so there is no access to the poker machine area.
We do request that all members respect the fact that we do not make the rules and assist the Club and staff in complying with the restrictions laid out in the COVID Safe Plan. We must abide by these restrictions in full to remain open.
For now, our hours will be Wednesday to Saturday only from 12.00pm. Closing time will be at the discretion of Management.
There is a separate COVID Safe Plan for Outdoor Team Sports which has also been approved by the Queensland Government which has its own set of restrictions that must be abided.
- Only rollups are permitted at this stage.
- Maximum of 4 persons per rink with a maximum of 20 per green, however, as there needs to be an empty rink between playing rinks we are currently limited to 16 bowlers per green
- Bookings will be essential as previously advised.
- Water fountains will not be available, please bring your own water.
NEW ROLL UP TIMES
Wednesday afternoon 1.00pm – 2.30pm
Thursday Morning 10.30am – 12.00pm
Thursday Afternoon 1.00pm – 2.30pm
Friday Afternoon 1.00pm – 2.30pm
Saturday Afternoon 1.00pm – 2.30pm